** MRPV are re-opening the Bogong High Plains Road at 1pm Monday 8th of January **
Bogong High Plains Road Temporary Closure
Please be advised that given the severe weather event that is forecast, Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) has made the decision to temporarily close the Bogong High Plains Road from 9pm Sunday 7th of January 2024. The road closure will be in place from Mt Beauty to Falls Creek, specifically from Cranky Charlie Corner to Howman's Gap.
The decision to close the road has been made in coordination with emergency services and the Bureau of Meteorology, with public safety at the forefront. This is a precautionary measure given the forecasted weather event.
MRPV hope to reopen the road as soon as the weather event has passed, if not sooner. Crews will continue to assess the landslip throughout the severe weather event and monitor road conditions to determine when the road can reopen safely. This information will be shared once we have been informed of these details.
People travelling to or from Falls Creek Alpine Resort should ensure they are past Bogong Village before the road closure is in place.
The AWD emergency access track will be open for emergency services only from Mt Beauty during this time. Access to Falls Creek via the Omeo and Mitta Mitta route will remain open. If you use this road please be aware of any debris and drive with caution.
For any questions you have about the closure please contact Major Road Projects Victoria on 1800 105 105 or email [email protected], or alternatively visit their website Bogong High Plains Road Landslip - Victoria’s Big Build.
The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to receive SMS updates by texting BOGONG to 0499 073 073.
We understand this may bring up some anxiety amongst the community. Below are some contact numbers of support agencies:
- Gateway Health - providing mental health support for victims of natural disasters
- Head to Health - connecting you to mental health support
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 – crisis support available 24/7 via phone, text or online chat
- Parentline – 13 22 89 – support for parents and carers
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 – support for kids, teens and young adults
- NURSE-ON-CALL – 1300 60 60 24 – expert health information and advice
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Service – 1800 333 497
- Safe Steps – 1800 015 188 – family violence specialists available 24/7
- Orange Door – access services for adults, children and young people who are experiencing family violence
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs – 1300 375 330 – book an in-person or telehealth appointment for anyone who feels overwhelmed or needs support with mental health concerns.