Getting Around the Village
Everything at Falls Creek is within walking distance. Walking the roads of the village during summer and winter is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air whilst getting to know the lodges, cafes and hidden gems. Alternatively Falls Creek's free village shuttle service operates daily during the declared snow season.
A dedicated shuttle services operate every day of the declared snow season along two designated routes. Shuttles operate between 8:00am to 5:30pm and are free to access.
Visitors are welcome to ride the shuttle but due to space restrictions no luggage is allowed but skis, snowboards and shopping bags.
In some instances passenger preference may be given to families with young children and the mobility impaired.
- 7 days a week
- Opening weekend to closing weekend
- 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Extends to 9:00pm on Night Skiing evenings (Wed/Sat)
To help you get around, there are some convenient walkways that link the roads.
1. ATS to Schuss Street – Steel walkway with light handrails allows you to walk from the main road (BHP road) to the top road (Parallel street). This walkway takes you up the middle of the village and takes you past/close to multiple restaurants (the Man, Elk at Falls, Apartment 13, Nelse, Huski, Astra, Milch).
2. Schuss to Village Bowl – steel and wooden walkway, this staircase allows quick access from the top roads to the village bowl. Access is from behind the Falls Creek Hotel and brings you out next to BE foods. This is also the quickest way to get up to restaurants on Parallel and Shuss street if you are staying in the Village Bowl.
3. Slalom Street to Arlburg Street – Steel walkway with light handrails allows you to walk from Slalom Plaza up to Arlburg Street, giving you quicker access to the top roads.
4. Bogong High Plains Road to Snowgums – steel walkway this staircase is the easier way to get from the Windy Corner carpark to the Halleys Cometlift line. Skip the main road and head straight up the stairs to the snow covered road.
Getting around in summer
Walking the roads of the village during summer is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air whilst getting to know the lodges, cafes and hidden gems.
Sign up for our newsletter
Want to hear the latest news and what's on at Falls Creek?
Sign up to our email newsletter and you won't miss a thing.