Frequently Asked Questions

Falls Creek is a unique Alpine Environment therefore it is important that all visitors to the mountain are aware of some basic facts to ensure your stay is safe and enjoyable.

General FAQ

Where is the closest fuel station?

Falls Creek does not have a fuel station. Mt Beauty, located approximately 33kms at the bottom of the mountain, is the closest fuel stop and all drivers should fill their vehicle up before making their way up the mountain. Mt Beauty fuel stations are open from 7am - 7pm all year round. There are also various fuel stations on the way to Falls Creek along the Hume Hwy and neighbouring towns. In winter, diesel vehicles should fill up with Alpine Diesel from Mt Beauty or other local suppliers to ensure their vehicle works correctly in the cold conditions. Drivers should also check at the local service stations their anti-freeze levels.

What if i run into automobile troubles?

Sometimes motorists may run into some trouble when travelling to Falls Creek. The RACV runs emergency operations 24 hours a day 7 days a week during the season. They can be contacted on 13 11 11 - please note you must be a member. Mt Beauty Auto Repairs also offers tow truck and automotive repair services and can be contacted on (03) 5754 1366. If you require emergency medical assistance due to an automobile accident please dial 000 and if in office hours please also contact Falls Creek Resort Management during business hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm on (03) 5758 1200.

Where do I call/go if I want Resort information?

Our Visitor Information Centre is Open from 8am-5pm seven days a week and is your number one source for resort information and any resort entry ticket enquires. Feel free to pop in and have a chat with our friendly team or call (03) 5758 1202. You can pickup village maps and other resort guides and find out what's going on at Falls Creek. All visitor enquiries should be directed to our Visitor Information Centre.

Where do I go for stakeholder and corporate administration enquiries?

You can visit the Falls Creek Resort Management Office located on Bogong High Plains Road phone (03) 5758 1200 open Monday- Friday 8am - 5pm.

Where can I find a map of Falls Creek?

You can find our village map and trail maps on the maps page of this website. These maps can also be collected from our Visitor Information Centre call (03) 5758 1202.

How do i find out about accommodation on the mountain?

You can find information on accommodation at Falls Creek via our Accommodation page. Otherwise you can call one of our reservations teams by calling 1800 2 FALLS (1800 232 557) during business hours. Their friendly staff look after all booking enquiries and have fantastic knowledge of on mountain accommodation providers and services. They will help you find a place that suits your needs and budget.

Where can I find public toilets and day shelters?
  • Public toilets and day shelter in Falls Creek Resort Management Building (MapE5)
  • Public toilets and day shelter underneath Stingray (MapF4)
  • Public Toilets next door to Falls Creek Sports QT (MapF5)
  • Public Toilets in Village Bowl next door to playground (MapN2)
  • Windy Corner Day Shelter (MapB3)
  • Public Toilets in Gully Shelter (MapK7)
Can I use my drone at the Resort?

At Falls Creek, we love having fun as much as everyone else. However, we also have to take into consideration the safety and privacy of our users. Falls Creek adopted the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) position and regulations around using Drones - which means you can not fly such devices on the resort.

Falls Creek has three active helipads and CASA are very clear that anywhere within 5.5kms of these sites, Drones are not allowed. If you are certified by CASA and lodge with them and the resort your request to operate a drone, then for commercial or promotional activities we can issue a permit.

Otherwise, leave the drone at home.

Winter FAQ

Do I need snow chains?

YES YOU DO! Snow chains are a legal requirement for ALL vehicles entering Falls Creek alpine resort. All vehicles (including 2WD & 4WD) must carry a pair of snow chains even when the roads are clear during the declared snow season. Random checks from police will be carried out during the season and fines do apply. Snow chains can be hired from various ski hire and service stations on your way to Falls Creek or you may wish to purchase/hire them before you commence your journey. There is designated snow chain fitting bays along the mountain ascent so make sure you are aware of how to fit chains correctly. Make sure you have a torch, towel and a plastic sheet as you never what time of the day or in what conditions you may need to fit snow chains!

Do I need to pay for Resort Entry and parking?

All vehicles entering Falls Creek Alpine Resort must display a Resort Entry Permit sticker. This sticker must be displayed on the driver's side on the bottom of the windscreen. Please make sure the sticker is clearly visible on windscreen. Resort entry permits can be purchased from the following locations:

Falls Creek Resort Entry Ticket Box: Open 7am - 5pm, 7 days

ATS Terminal Ticket Sales: 5pm - 12am, 7 days


For after hours arrivals please purchase resort entry tickets from the Accommodation Transfer Terminal located on the Bogong High Plains Road as you proceed into Falls Creek village.

For arrivals after 12am Park your vehicle in one of the spaces signed 'late arrival'. Register your details by calling 0475 447 135 - you will need to return to your vehicle by 10:30am the following morning to avoid incurring an infringement.

Where is the resort entry ticket box?

The resort entry ticket box, where you can purchase daily, nightly and seasonal resort entry permits, is located approximately 6km's from the village gateway entrance. Please make sure you access the appropriate lanes when entering the resort. Pre purchased ticket holders and season pass holders MUST enter resort through far left lane. Any vehicle that has not purchased a resort entry ticket must enter through the ticket box window lane and purchase a ticket from the ticket box or from Accommodation Transfer Terminal (if after hours). Please make sure you read signage on ticket box for resort entry after hours information.

Can I park my car in the Village?

No you can not. When the village is open to traffic (when there is no snow on the roads) guests will be given a 30 minute pass to enter the village and drop off their luggage. This pass can be obtained from the car parking attendant point which is clearly visible as you enter the resort. Any vehicle found parked in the village after the thirty minutes will be issued with a fine or the vehicle may be towed away. Once you have dropped off your luggage, the driver of the vehicle must go back to the car parking attendant point and he/she will be ushered to a car park and a shuttle service will then be available to transport driver back to their accommodation.

How do I get to my accomodation when the village roads are closed?

You can drop off your luggage at the Accommodation Transfer Terminal located on the Bogong High Plains Road approximately 300m and then be ushered to a car park. Once you have parked your car a shuttle will be available for transport back to the terminal where you can catch Accommodation Transfer to your accommodation.

Who do I call/Where do I go if I want to purchase ski lift passes/tickets?

Please call Falls Creek Ski Lifts (03) 5758 1000 or visit Falls Creek Ski Lifts Ticket Office located at the bottom of Halleys Comet Chairlift (Map 4F).


Who do I call/Where do I go if I want to hire ski/board equipment?

There are a number of Ski & Snowboard Rental outlets outlets in Falls Creek. Guests are advised to visit a rental store that is close to your accommodation, or if you are on a day trip look at the easiest location to access.

How do I enquire about/Book Snowsport School lessons?

View the Snowsports School page to view prices and lesson times. It is recommended that anyone wanting to book in for a lesson should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the lesson. For more Information please call Falls Creek Snowsports School on (03) 5758 1000.

Where do I go/Call to enquire about Falls Creek winter activities?

Please email the Falls Creek Activities Desk [email protected] to find out more about all the cool activities happening on the mountain this winter such as heli link tours, snowmobile tours, snow bocce and more or visit their activities desk located in the Village Bowl (MapN2).

What if I require medical assistance?

If you require emergency medical assistance please dial 000 or if on the mountain visit Falls Creek Medical Centre located on the Bogong High Plains Road (Map J6) open 10am-12.30pm and - 5pm please call (03) 5758 3238 for further information. A doctor is on call 24hours, 7 days a week.

Sign up for our newsletter

Want to hear the latest news and what's on at Falls Creek?

Sign up to our email newsletter and you won't miss a thing.