Diana Alpine Lodge is a long established lodge with a reputation for excellent food and hospitality. Catering for up to 50 guests, typically families and couples, the lodge is a relaxed, quiet and friendly accommodation venue.
Providing all meals to in-house clientele as well as opening to diners for the evening, gives our chef the opportunity to offer fresh and interesting menus. We provide guests with a full breakfasts, simple fresh buffet lunches, and dinner, including early sitting for children.
This position would suit a well experienced and professional applicant who shows considerable flair with food and enjoys pleasing a range of clientele; seeks to work with local produce; communicates well with suppliers and colleagues, demonstrates excellent organisation, management, budgeting skills and competent in organising and maintaining the kitchen and staff.
This position requires someone who can be supportive and complement the head chef in their role. The expectation would be to assist in preparation of all meals; and predominantly be the breakfast chef. This would suite someone with extensive experience and knowledge of all workings of the kitchen, as well as a preparedness to undertake other roles in ensuring the running of the lodge. This could include any of the following roles.
Multiple roles: Waiting/ Barista/ Bar/ Housekeeping/ Cleaning/ Maintenance/ Child supervision
Being a small team, the rest of the team at Diana will be expected to undertake any combination of the above roles.
For all applicants
The level of contact we have with our guests means we require staff to be dynamic and genuinely engaged with their experiences in Falls Creek. The team creates a very friendly and personable environment.
- Maturity, experience and professionalism are paramount for any candidate. Those with no experience in these roles will only be considered if they have had extensive experience in customer/ guests services role with a high level of engagement with customers.
- Being in an alpine environment requires our staff to be physically fit to be able to manage the work load and physical demands of the positions and the environment.
- We do not require staff with skills in snowsports activities.
- Accommodation and meals are available for candidates who wish to reside on-site.
- These positions are contract/temporary for the winter season (mid/late June – beginning of October).
An opportunity exists for a full time ongoing position for a person – ideally chef or cook – who is interested in the diversity of roles and the changes of the seasons in Falls Creek. In addition to the usual operation the lodge also provides catering for small events, functions and supplying other venues and operators.
Please email [email protected] for more information or for sending your application.
When applying please include current photo, references and a resume detailing work experience.
For more information, please phone 03 57583214