To our Falls Creek guests,
This morning, the Acting Victorian Premier announced circuit breaker restrictions from 11:59pm tonight (27 May) until midnight Thursday 3rd of June.
The 4 essential reasons to leave your home has now increased to 5 reasons;
- Only leave your home for the following reasons:
- Shopping for essential items such as groceries, pharmacy items and fuel
- Authorised work or permitted education
- Exercise for 2 hours, with one other person
- Caregiving, compassionate and medical reasons
- To get the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
Other points of note:
- Stay within a 5km radius of your home
- Work from home, if you can
- Fitted face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors unless at home
- No visitors to your home unless they are an intimate partner
- Hospitality venues can offer takeaway services only
- No public gatherings
To see the statement from the Acting Premier and complete list of restrictions period please visit the coronavirus.gov.au website.
To assist with any queries you may have regarding Falls Creek Resort during this period please see the FAQs below.
Can I travel to Falls Creek?
If it is your primary place of residence, YES, you can return to Falls Creek.
If visiting for a holiday, NO, you must not travel to Falls Creek if you are not already at the resort. Instead, stay at your primary place of residence. To see full details regarding travel please visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/travel-restrictions
I am already in Falls Creek on holiday. Can I stay?
UPDATED ADVICE 28th MAY: I'm on holiday right now - do I have to travel home?
Where possible, stay where you are for the circuit breaker period (11:59pm on Thursday 27 May until 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June 2021). Hotel and accommodation providers will be able to stay open to support guests already staying onsite. No new bookings can be made for the circuit breaker period, unless for a permitted reason ie authorised work.
For further details regarding Travel please visit: coronavirus.vic.gov.au/travel-restrictions
I am moving here to work for the Winter Season, can I still come to Falls Creek?
- You are feeling healthy and well
- Have not been visited a public exposure site (as listed on the coronavirus.vic.gov.au website)
- You have not been in contact with someone listed as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 contact
- If your employer has confirmed your accommodation is available.
If you cannot answer yes to all of the above points, then NO, you cannot come to Falls Creek during this time. Please wait until further government announcements are made and the restrictions are lifted.
Can I leave Falls Creek for essential items?
Yes, you may leave Falls Creek and the 5km radius to shop for essential items such as groceries or medical appointments.
Exercise within the Resort?
You may exercise with those who normally live in your household or with one other person outside your household for 2 hours per day. Noting the Falls Creek Community gym will be closed during this period.
Face Coverings in Resort?
As per government directions, face masks must be worn both indoors and outdoors unless you are at home.
Will the Childcare remain open?
Yes, the Falls Creek Childcare will remain open during this period.
Will the Falls Creek Resort Management office remain open during the lockdown period?
The Visitor Information Centre is now closed and the Resort Management office will move to a skeleton staff. Those who can work from home will work from home.
For any enquiries please email [email protected] or call 03 5758 1200. Please note we have limited staff answering the phones and we will endeavor to respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
We appreciate your cooperation during this time as we work to stay COVIDSafe.
Falls Creek Resort Management