PlAN YOUR TRIP
Essential steps for visiting us
This winter will be 'business as unusual'. Please follow these steps if you are planning to visit us this season.
Staying COVIDSafe this 2020 Winter Season
To keep yourself, your friends and your family safe there are four key actions that Victorians are being asked to continue to:
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
- Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from anyone you don’t live with.
- Download and use the COVIDSafe app
See our COVIDSafe Resource Page to see the measures that have been put in place this season to keep our guests safe.
Frequently Asked Questions - General
- Chairlift operations, and subsequently downhill skiing and snowboarding, have been suspended until at least the 19th of August. For further information click here.
- All visitors accessing the resort must have purchased a resort entry pass online, prior to arriving at the resort.
- When purchasing your pass, you will need to confirm who will be travelling in your vehicle, including name and telephone number, to allow for traceability.
- Resort entry passes must be printed in advance of arrival to the resort. This pass must be presented at the resort entrance at Howman’s Gap (ticket box) or the Accommodation Transfer Service building (after 5pm until 8pm) and placed on the dashboard while parked within the resort.
- If you arrive in resort after 8pm please park in the Late Arrivals car park (next to the Accommodation Transfer Service building) and put the printed resort entry pass on your dash.
- Check points will also be in place along Bogong High Plains Road to ensure that vehicles within the resort are authorised to be within the resort.
- Those not abiding by the resort entry conditions will be subject to an infringement notice.
- Day visitors to the resort will continue to be limited to adhere to government directive.
a) Existing Resort Entry Season Pass Holders
- There are no limitations to resort entry dates.
- Season pass holders are required to register the dates of their visit and any person’s travelling to the resort in their vehicle. Click here to watch a video on how to register your trip.
- The registration process can be completed through the online store on our website (no cost associated).
- Your season pass sticker will need to be supplemented with a printout to show to staff at the resort entry ticket box and displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle.
d) Resort Entry Season Pass Sales
- Further sales of Resort Entry Season Passes have been suspended for the 2020 snow season. Currently, we are not able to offer this product due to ongoing capacity management within the resort. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to guests.
- Resort Entry season passes are only available to residents and staff of Falls Creek and those that have already made an early bird pass deposit.
e) All Resort Entry Season Pass
- The All Resorts Entry Season Pass will not be available for the 2020 Snow Season. We appreciate this product is valued by many members of the skiing fraternity.
- The All Resorts Coordinating Council have decided against releasing this option in 2020 due to the difficulty managing and complying with Government sanctioned social distancing and capacity guidelines. We apologise for the inconvenience during what will be an unconventional season.
f) Over 65 Resort Entry
- Discounted entry for guests over 65 years of age is no longer available at Falls Creek Resort this year.
- Those coming to resort to camp in the high country are still required to purchase a resort entry pass and register your visit.
- When purchasing this pass online or registering, under the ‘accommodation’ drop down menu there will be an option to choose ‘backcountry touring’.
Further information about cross country trail grooming for the remainder of the season will be provided soon.
- Tobogganing will not be available until the 13th of July and will only take place at Windy Corner (snow conditions permitting). Further details regarding an online booking system for tobogganing will be provided soon. Snow play is also dependent on natural snow fall.
The Bogong High Plains Road Shuttle Bus
- The village bus services will not be operational for the 2020 snow season.
The Intra Village Shuttle Oversnow
- The service from Slalom Plaza to the Village Bowl is unable to operate and meet the necessary criteria to ensure passenger safety. We apologise to all the weary bodies at the end of the day.
Accommodation Transfer Service (ATS)
- This service will be available for passenger and luggage transfers when arriving or leaving the resort. You may pre-pay for this service when purchasing resort entry. To ensure guest safety, changes to the number of passengers within the terminal and on oversnow vehicles will be managed differently this year. We ask for your support and understanding in the implementation of these measures.
In order to ensure the safety of all staff, guests and the community, the importance of having sufficient details to facilitate contact tracing is critical to meeting our obligations to ensure the ski industry and the resort is COVIDSafe. The resort is also subject to density quotients, which it is obliged to manage.
Frequently Asked Questions - Travelling From A Restricted Area
The Victorian Premier announced on Tuesday 7th of July that Stage 3: "Stay At Home" restrictions will be reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from 11.59pm on Wednesday 8th of July. For further information about this announcement please visit http://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
- In accordance to the government guidelines, if your primary residence is from within Metropolitan Melbourne or the Mitchell Shire, you cannot travel to Falls Creek until the restrictions have been lifted.
- If you have already purchased a resort entry permit, you can apply for a refund.
- For any enquiries about lift tickets, lessons and rentals, please contact Falls Creek Ski Lifts on [email protected] or on their website http://www.skifalls.com.au.
- From 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July, if you normally live in the Melbourne metropolitan area or Mitchell Shire but are on holidays elsewhere, you can continue that holiday. However, people who live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire must not extend their holidays beyond their original booking.
- If you normally live in the Melbourne metropolitan area or Mitchell Shire, you cannot go to Falls Creek until the restrictions have been lifted.
- The return to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions means people in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will have to cancel travel bookings, unless they are included in the four reasons that you can leave home.
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire you must not leave home unless it is for one of the four reasons. The only reason to travel to a holiday house is to carry out essential maintenance.
- When the Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions take effect at 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July, your principal place of residence determines the restrictions that apply to you. If your principal place of residence is in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire, then the Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions apply to you.
Please continue to monitor the NEWS sections of our website or subscribe to our newsletter below to stay informed.