Machinery and Maintenance Operator
$31.15 p/h ($61,552 pa approx)
Full-Time – Ongoing Role
Let your love and experience of the mountain ranges live on professionally by helping keep Falls Creek Alpine Resort operating.
- Work in Victoria’s largest alpine resort with boundless adventures at your doorstep
- Work, play, and develop your career in this diverse position
- Excellent Employee Discounts and Benefits
Full Job Description
Combine your worlds of professional experience and adventurist aspirations.
Imagine at your doorstep, the beautiful Falls Creek Alpine Village with its vast slopes of cheerful faces and pending adventures. Contribute to this fun-loving, inclusive and vibrant environment by providing your handy skills to support the services and employees that keep the mountain running like a freshly groomed wombat ramble.
A day in the life in your new role:
- Operation and maintenance of plant and equipment and ensure compliance and safe operation of equipment.
- Operation of plant and machinery to safely facilitate snow clearing and snow management activities on village roads and car parks within the resort.
- Operation of plant and machinery for civil construction and maintenance works or resort roads and carparks.
- Undertake environmental works; MTB and walking trail maintenance, pre-fire season preparation works, and environmental site management projects across the resort seasons.
- Ensure accurate and timeliness completion of operational environment management projects and works.
- Maintain accurate reporting and recording of documentation for all maintenance and work projects. Inclusive of asset and financial management systems.
- Use innovative problem-solving to identify process and procedure improvements for overall efficiency and safety performance.
- Liaise and maintain excellent communication and a respectful attitude towards all staff, managers, and internal and external customers.
Skills we are looking for:
- High levels of organising, exercising sound judgement and innovative but practical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, team member, and customer relations skills
- OH&S Induction Certificate/White Card
- Front End Loader/Backhoe Certification
- Medium rigid endorsement
- Ability to undertake manual labour
- Experience with heavy plant and equipment operating experience
- Current motor vehicle licence
- Strong computer literacy skills
Falls Creek is the premier all-season alpine village. In winter, our alpine resort turns into a winter wonderland to provide the ultimate snow experience. Falls Creek is Victoria’s largest resort, covering 1535ha of lifted terrain, which is perfect for all ability levels. In Summer, our alpine resort transforms into an outdoor adventure mecca, where people can experience more than 50km of gravity and flow trails in our Mountain Bike Park.
Based at Falls Creek Alpine Resort, as the Resort Services Officer, you will support the management of operations, and undertake environmental works across the resort seasons. You will maintain high levels of OH&S within the workplace and during projects, through leadership, communication, risk management, reporting, and assisting in the maintenance management of safety for all. You will liaise with the Resort Services Supervisor, reporting any issues of operational activities and projects. You will work alongside the Resort Services team and be embraced into the vibrant and friendly atmosphere of the resort. This position presents you with a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in an exceptional alpine environment with supportive management and a great culture.
Need more details?
Working rights: You will need full Australian working rights to be considered for this position. You will undergo a police check, have a valid driver’s license, and be triple vaccinated against Covid-19 – Falls Creek Alpine Resort requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19). Employment is conditional on certification of up-to-date vaccination status. Additional assessments may apply.
When: An immediate start is available for a full-time ongoing opportunity.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week.
Remuneration: 31.15p/h ($61,552 pa approx)
Benefits: Free gym, discounted/pro rata rates for snow sports equipment and clothing, EPIC Pass, season resort entry pass, salary packaging and much more.
Inclusion: FCAR is dedicated to diversity and inclusion. If you’re excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement or your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right applicant for this or another role we have available.
Applications close: Friday 17 February 2023, although you may be appointed earlier.