To all our valued Falls Creek guests,
On Sunday 2nd of August, the Victorian Premier declared a State of Disaster for Victoria. This declaration is not new to residents of Falls Creek after bushfires threatened the Alpine Resorts and surrounding regions in January this year.
Further to this announcement, Falls Creek Resort Management (FCRM) have now been advised by the Victorian Government that National Parks and the Alpine Resorts within are to close for the duration of the stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions for regional Victoria. This closure began at 11.59pm on the 5th of August.
Listed below are the operational changes at Falls Creek resort as of 11.59pm Wednesday 5th of August;
- Only permanent Winter Residents may enter the Falls Creek Resort and must ensure they have the correct Resort Entry Permit
- General resort entry or season passes can no longer be purchased
- No visitors will be allowed to enter the resort at the resort Howman’s Gap ticket box. This site will be staffed and will remain open to monitor those entering the resort
- Vehicle snow chain regulations are still applicable and will be enforced
Resort Entry Refunds
- Resort Entry Season Permit holders that are eligible for a refund and have not previously submitted a request should email [email protected]
- The Alpine National Park and Falls Creek resort is closed to the public and exercise cannot be undertaken within either of these areas
- XC trail grooming is closed for the remainder of the season
Members of the Falls Creek community, are advised that Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions are applicable at all times.
The FCRM office will remain open during the next 6 weeks, as per the government direction, those that can work from home will work from home.
If you have any further queries please call 03 5758 1200 or email [email protected].
CEO | Falls Creek Resort Management