This morning the Victorian Premier announced a snap lockdown for regional Victoria, effective 1:00pm today (21st August). until 11:59pm Thursday 2nd September. See the media release here and the latest table of restrictions can be viewed here.
Alpine resort operations are changing to comply with restrictions announced today by the Premier. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see the operational changes within the resort.
For those guests due to visit Falls Creek within the lockdown period, we understand that this morning's announcement will require you to adjust your plans to visit.
You may elect to change the date of your Resort Entry Permit (vehicle) or request a refund. Click on the applicable button below, complete the form and return to [email protected] along with any supporting documentation.
To assist us in processing the refund:
If your permit dates are outside of the lockdown period please send back any supporting documents such as proof of cancelled accommodation booking. For example; you were already within the resort when the lockdown was announced and you decided to leave the mountain and did not use the remaining days on your permit.
Season Permit Holders must return the windscreen sticker before a refund can be processed. Please post to Falls Creek Resort Management, PO Box 50, Falls Creek, VIC, 3699
Once the required documents are received your request will be ready to be processed.
Please note; refunds are not automatically processed and we do require permit holders to complete and submit a refund request form for processing and for it to be emailed to [email protected] with any supporting documentation.
Please allow 14 working days from the completed submission for the refund to be processed. We thank you for your understanding during this time as we are undertaking an extremely large number of refunds, as are all businesses within the Alpine region.
If you have pre-purchased lift tickets or lessons please see the updates on the Falls Creek Ski Lifts website.
- The Ski Lifts will not be operating from 12pm today (21/08)
- Hospitality venues can open for takeaway only (check with businesses to see who is open)
- Non-essential retail outlets will be closed
- Foodworks and the Post Office will remain open, please check their opening hours as they may change
- Rental outlets are able to remain open for returning items or a 'click and collect service'
- Guests may stay at their accommodation if they wish to invoke the 'shelter in place' directive and continue or extend their stay.
- Guests due to arrive today and are already on their way to Falls Creek may still come to the mountain today (Saturday 21st August).
- No new accommodation bookings may be taken for the duration of the lockdown action except for authorised reasons
- Village shuttles will operate until 5pm today (21/08)
- If a guest has a returned trip booked with a transportation provider they can move it forward to exit the resort and return straight home
- Ski Patrol will be operational to ensure the safety of the mountain
- Exercise is permitted for up to 2 hours per day with 1 other person or family members
- XC trails will be minimally groomed for essential maintenance only
- The gym is closed until further notice
Falls Creek Resort Management offices will remain open but closed to the public. Due to a heavy influx of phone calls, we ask for your patience and understanding if we are unable to answer immediately. Please email [email protected] and we will respond as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Falls Creek in the future when it is safe to do so.