When under snow, Falls Creek village is closed to vehicles as part of our unique ski-in, ski-out environment
Outside of the snow season the village may also remain closed to vehicles if there is significant snow cover - check the Village Road Conditions status on the snow report for the current status.
During these times the Accommodation Transfer Service (ATS) is the best way to get you and your luggage to properties high up in the village and/or away from the Bogong High Plains Rd.
The ATS provides on-snow transportation through its fleet of cat-track Husky vehicles. These vehicles are heated and sealed from the elements and have ample storage space for your luggage.
When you arrive at Falls Creek
- When you arrive at Falls Creek by car, drive to the Accommodation Transfer Service (ATS) Terminal on the Bogong High Plains Rd. If arriving by coach the bus will take you there.
- At the ATS Terminal unload your luggage and arrange for a transfer to your accommodation. Tickets are available at the Terminal, or you can prepay online and use the Express Lane.
- After you've unloaded your luggage (and before you transfer to your accommodation) you will need to park your vehicle in overnight car parking.
ATS tickets can be pre-purchased online. You will need to print out your A4 receipt in advance so that an attendant can validate it for you prior to boarding an ATS vehicle.
Alternatively you can buy your ATS ticket at the ATS Terminal.
- During peak times online purchasers can take advantage of the Express Lane - so buy online before you arrive and save time!
- Please note all children travelling on an ATS vehicle must be accompanied by an adult.
Departing Falls Creek
It's best to book the date and time of your return journey back to the Terminal when your ticket is validated when you arrive. If you need to change the time of your return trip, please do so at least 24 hours in advance by calling (03) 5758 1203.
Once you've transferred back to the Terminal you can fetch your car from its parking spot, load up and leave the mountain.
ATS Hours of Operation
|Saturday to Thursday||8am - 8pm|
|Friday||8am - Midnight|
|Adult One Way||$25|
|Child (5-17) Return||$25|
|Child (5-17) One Way||$19|
|Taxi Service (up to 10 passengers - no luggage)||$100 ($180 return)|
|Child Under 5 (no luggage)||Free|