Frequently Asked Questions
Falls Creek is a unique Alpine Environment therefore it is important that all visitors to the mountain are aware of some basic facts to ensure your stay is safe and enjoyable.
- WHAT IS THE CLOSEST FUEL STATION?
|Falls Creek does not have a fuel station. Mt Beauty, located approximately 33kms at the bottom of the mountain, is the closest fuel stop and all drivers should fill their vehicle up before making their way up the mountain. Mt Beauty fuel stations are open from 7am – 7pm during the snow season 7 days a week and one offers 24 hour fuel via an automated credit card only system. There are also various fuel stations on the way to Falls Creek along the Hume Hwy and neighbouring towns. In winter, diesel vehicles should fill up with Alpine Diesel from Mt Beauty or other local suppliers to ensure their vehicle works correctly in the cold conditions. Drivers should also check at the local service stations their anti-freeze levels. |
- WHAT IF I RUN INTO AUTOMOBILE TROUBLES?
|Sometimes motorists may run into some trouble when travelling to Falls Creek. The RACV runs emergency operations 24 hours a day 7 days a week during the season. They can be contacted on 13 11 11 – please note you must be a member. Mt Beauty Auto Repairs also offers tow truck and automotive repair services and can be contacted on (03) 5754 1366. If you require emergency medical assistance due to an automobile accident please dial 000 and if in office hours please also contact Falls Creek Resort Management during business hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm on (03) 5758 1200. |
- WHERE DO I CALL/GO IF I WANT RESORT INFORMATION?
|Our Visitor Information Centre Open from 8am-5pm seven days a week and is your number one source for resort information and any resort entry ticket enquires. Feel free to pop in and have a chat with our friendly team or call (03) 5758 1202. You can pickup village maps and other resort guides and find out what’s going on at Falls Creek. All visitor enquiries should be directed to our Visitor Information Centre. |
- WHERE DO I GO FOR STAKEHOLDER OR CORPORATE ADMINISTRATION ENQUIRIES?
|You can visit Falls Creek Resort Management Office located on Bogong High Plains Road phone (03) 5758 1200 open Monday- Friday 8am – 5pm. |
- WHERE CAN I FIND A MAP OF FALLS CREEK?
|Please visit www.fallscreek.com.au/Maps to view our village map and trail maps. These maps can also be collected from our Visitor Information Centre call (03) 5758 1202. |
- HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT ACCOMMODATION ON THE MOUNTAIN?
|You can call Falls Creek Central Reservations 1800 033 079 or Falls Creek Reservations Centre 1800 45 35 25. Their friendly staff look after all booking enquiries and have fantastic knowledge of on mountain accommodation providers and services. They will help you find a place that suits your needs and budget. |
- WHERE CAN I FIND PUBLIC TOILETS AND DAY SHELTERS?
- Public toilets and day shelter in Falls Creek Resort Management Building (MapE5)
- Public toilets and day shelter underneath Stingray (MapF4)
- Public Toilets next door to Falls Creek Sports QT (MapF5)
- Public Toilets in Village Bowl next door to playground (MapN2)
- Windy Corner Day Shelter (MapB3)
- Public Toilets in Gully Shelter (MapK7)
|YES YOU DO! Snow chains are a legal requirement for ALL vehicles entering Falls Creek alpine resort. All vehicles (including 2WD & 4WD) must carry a pair of snow chains even when the roads are clear during the declared snow season. Random checks from police will be carried out during the season and fines do apply. Snow chains can be hired from various ski hire and service stations on your way to Falls Creek or you may wish to purchase/hire them before you commence your journey. There is designated snow chain fitting bays along the mountain ascent so make sure you are aware of how to fit chains correctly. Make sure you have a torch, towel and a plastic sheet as you never what time of the day or in what conditions you may need to fit snow chains! |
- DO I NEED TO PAY FOR RESORT ENTRY AND PARKING?
|All vehicles entering Falls Creek Alpine Resort must display a vehicle permit sticker. This sticker must be displayed on the driver’s side on the bottom of the windscreen. Please make sure the sticker is clearly visible on windscreen. Resort entry permits can be purchased from the following locations: |
- Falls Creek Resort Entry Ticket Box: Open 7am – 4pm Monday & Thursday, & 7am – 1am Friday – Sunday.
- For after hours arrivals: Monday – Thursday between 4pm – 12am please purchase resort entry tickets from the Accommodation Transfer Terminal located on the Bogong High Plains Road as you proceed into Falls Creek village.
- For arrivals after 12am: Please park vehicle directly outside the Accommodation Transfer Terminal and purchase your resort entry permits from the Visitor Information Centre between 8am – 8.30am the next day. Please note all vehicles will need to be moved from the Accommodation Transfer car park no later than 8.30am the following day, fines apply.
- WHERE IS THE RESORT ENTRY TICKETBOX?
|The resort entry ticket box, where you can purchase daily, nightly and seasonal resort entry permits, is located approximately 6km’s from the village gateway entrance. Please make sure you access the appropriate lanes when entering the resort. Pre purchased ticket holders and season pass holders MUST enter resort through far left lane. Any vehicle that has not purchased a resort entry ticket must enter through the ticket box window lane and purchase a ticket from the ticket box or from Accommodation Transfer Terminal (if after hours). Please make sure you read signage on ticket box for resort entry after hours information. |
- CAN I PARK MY CAR IN THE VILLAGE?
|No you can not. When the village is open to traffic (when there is no snow on the roads) guests will be given a 30 minute pass to enter the village and drop off their luggage. This pass can be obtained from the car parking attendant point which is clearly visible as you enter the resort. Any vehicle found parked in the village after the thirty minutes will be issued with a fine or the vehicle may be towed away. Once you have dropped off your luggage, the driver of the vehicle must go back to the car parking attendant point and he/she will be ushered to a car park and a shuttle service will then be available to transport driver back to their accommodation. |
- HOW DO I GET TO MY ACCOMMODATION WHEN THE VILLAGE ROADS ARE CLOSED?
|You can drop off your luggage at the Accommodation Transfer Terminal located on the Bogong High Plains Road approximately 300m and then be ushered to a car park. Once you have parked your car a shuttle will be available for transport back to the terminal where you can catch Accommodation Transfer to your accommodation. Click here for information on Accommodatin Transfer prices and how to purchase tickets. |
- WHO DO I CALL/WHERE DO I GO IF I WANT TO PURCHASE SKI LIFT PASSES/TICKETS?
|Please call Falls Creek Ski Lifts (03) 5758 1000 or visit Falls Creek Ski Lifts Ticket Office located at the bottom of Falls Express Chairlift (Map 4F) or you can also call Falls Creek Sports QT (Map 4F) phone (03) 5758 1036.|
- WHO DO I CALL/WHERE DO I GO IF I WANT TO HIRE SKI EQUIPMENT?
|There are a number of Ski Hire Retail outlets in Falls Creek. Guests are advised to visit a rental store that is close to your accommodation, or if you are on a day trip look at the easiest location to access. Please visit www.fallscreek.com.au/GearRentalRetail to view the ski rental retail outlets in Falls Creek. |
- HOW DO I ENQUIRE ABOUT/BOOK FOR SNOWSPORTS SCHOOL?
|View theSnowsports School page to view prices and lesson times. It is recommended that anyone wanting to book in for a lesson should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the lesson. For more Information please call Falls Creek Snowsports School on (03) 5758 1071. |
- WHERE DO I GO/CALL TO ENQUIRE ABOUT FALLS CREEK WINTER ACTIVITIES?
|Please call Falls Creek Activities Desk (03) 5758 1040 to find out more about all the cool activities happening on the mountain this winter such as heli link tours, snowmobile tours, snow bocce and more or visit their activities desk located in the Village Bowl (MapN2). |
- WHAT IF I REQUIRE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE?
|If you require emergency medical assistance please dial 000 or if on the mountain visit Falls Creek Medical Centre located on the Bogong High Plains Road (Map J6) open 10am-12.30pm and 2.pm – 5pm please call (03) 5758 3238 for further information. A doctor is on call 24hours, 7 days a week. |
- CAN I STORE MY VALUABLES ANYWHERE?
|Lockers are available for hire at Falls Creek Sports QT, phone (03) 5758 1036 at the bottom of Falls Express Chairlift or at the top of Falls Express Chairlift at Cloud 9 Restaurant and day shelter. Lockers cost $8 per day and are limited in numbers. |