|Rocky Valley and Pretty Valley Lakes are renowned for their brown and rainbow trout. Each of these provides excellent fishing in summer for shore-based anglers.|
At Rocky Valley lake, Most evenings in summer you will find Falls Creek locals relaxing in their tinnies with a line cast. The clear, deep waters are ideal for this type of fishing, plus there are excellent places for fly-fishing along the shore and aqueducts.
Both lakes hold trout that grow in excess of four kilograms. This reputation alone has seen Rocky Valley Lake be used as a venue for the National Fly-Fishing Championships many times - including 2011.
Many of the trout that are taken during the day are around the one-kilogram in weight mark, although larger trout begin feeding after 6.00pm, as the sun is sinking and the day becomes cooler.
|Bait and Tackle:|
- Bait and Tackle hire available from the Visitor Information Centre.
- Hire includes rod and tackle box
- Fishing licences required to fish in Victoria
- Licenses purchased from Falls Creek Visitor Information Centre
- Inquire at Visitor Information Centre for guided tours