Are you looking for an impactful role in the spectacular alpine environments that regional Victoria has to offer? Are you seeking a lifestyle change that is far more than just a “winter gig”? YMCA Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre, located in the Falls Creek region, is seeking a skilled maintenance worker to join their dynamic team in the High Plains of Victoria.
About Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre
Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre is an alpine centre and adventure camp located by Falls Creek, and managed by YMCA Camps. Catering to schools and groups year-round, the team at Howman’s Gap run a variety of programs and activities to suit every group, from skiing and tobogganing in winter, to orienteering and mountain biking in summer.
Featuring state-of-the-art accessible accommodation, cosy cottages, and full catering options, Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre is the perfect place to explore the great outdoors, come snow or sunshine.
About the Role
As the Maintenance Coordinator, you will undertake duties and lead a team of staff to ensure the campgrounds and its state-of-the-art facilities are well maintained and held to high standards of presentation and cleanliness. This position is a leadership position, and in this hands-on role you will have the responsibility for supervising, directing and training maintenance staff.
As Maintenance Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- General maintenance of Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre, including buildings, campgrounds and equipment, property, bins, garden beds, landscaping and fencing
- Assisting in the training, coordination, direction and supervision of maintenance, cleaning and gardening staff
- Coordinating all maintenance projects on site, including contractor management and supervision
- Maintaining the campsite and conducting work in line with OH&S standards, policies and procedures
- Upholding the values of the YMCA at all times
You are a handy person with trade knowledge or experience. You are an excellent problem solver with effective time management skills, allowing you to multitask and prioritise work where required. You are a strong communicator, with proven experience in supervising a small team, and can demonstrate the core values of the Y, day-to-day.
In return, YMCA Victoria offers you flexible working, living and rostering arrangements, opportunities for career development and growth, and a range of further benefits. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to discuss onsite housing upon appointment.
- Qualified tradesperson an advantage, but not essential
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- Working at Heights
- Current Drivers License
- Operation of a Chainsaw
- Other health & safety qualifications or training highly desirable
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Opportunity to live and work onsite at Howman’s Gap Alpine Centre
- Flexible living, working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centers across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click here to apply.