Falls Creek Resort Management (FCRM) is looking for a motivated, skilled mechanic to undertake the role of;
- Workshop Mechanic
This is a full time position and will report to the Asset & Services Manager as part of the team that manages critical assets for Falls Creek Alpine Resort. Falls Creek Resort Management is committed to appointing the right person with the appropriate experience to join a high achieving and dynamic workforce in one of Australia’s most unique locations.
Falls Creek Resort Management is a Victorian statutory land management authority with responsibility for development, management, promotion and recreational use of Falls Creek Alpine Resort. We employ up to 100 staff during the winter period and focus on delivering a unique alpine experience to all visitors.
Benefits & Culture
In addition to jaw dropping scenery, this position can expect the following benefits:
- Annual resort entry and ski lift pass
- Access to staff transport from Mt Beauty
- A purpose built workshop with in floor heating in the winter
- Access to discounted personal equipment such as bikes, skis, clothing and gear.
At FCRM, participation in our outdoor culture is essential and actively encouraged!
Apply by email to [email protected]
Applications close 25th November 2018.
Brief Role Description
- Undertake workshop and mechanical duties as required.
- From time to time assist other areas of the business with activities based on interest and expertise.
- Assist with programming and implementation of servicing schedules and follow up repairs to minimise downtime and prevent costly repairs.
- Assist with risk assessments of all plant and workshop areas.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date, including work procedures, operation and maintenance manuals and Safe Work Method Statements.
- Comply with relevant statutory/legislative codes and Australian Standards for safe operation of all equipment.
- Assist with recording maintenance on all plant and equipment relating to condition and expenditure to enable management to budget for replacement.
- Assist with the control of all stock required for servicing and overhauls to ensure maximum availability and minimum downtime.
- Ensure the workshop area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist with the procurement of equipment, parts and materials required for work execution.
- Ensure effective and positive communication with colleagues and clients.
- Implement and facilitate the achievement of outcomes in accordance with Falls Creek Resort Management practices including financial resource delegations and relevant legislation on Occupational Safety & Health and Equal Opportunity.
|Essential Criteria||· Trade Certificate as a Diesel Mechanic or equivalent;
· Knowledge of engine mechanics, hydraulics, auto electrics, pneumatics, welding and fabrication;
· Ability to operate plant;
· Problem solving skills;
· Customer relations skills;
· Ability to work in a harsh Alpine Environment;
· Ability to exercise sound judgement, initiative and carry out instructions with minimum supervision;
· Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member;
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
· High standard planning & organising skills;
· Current motor vehicle licence.
· OHS White Card (or equivalent)
|Desirable Criteria||· Heavy Rigid truck endorsement
· Front End Loader/ Backhoe ticket
· Confined Space Entry ticket
· Working at Heights Ticket
· Welding tickets
· Previous experience working in an Alpine Resort