- Festivals and Celebrations
- 25 Apr 2019
Join the Falls Creek community at Eagle Rock, to commemorate the ANZAC spirit. A free shuttle service will be available with departures from QT from 5:15am. Dress warmly.
ANZAC is an acronym and stands for Australian New Zealand Army Corps, the name given to the body of troops raised by the two countries to aid the British Empire in the Great War. Throughout the war Australian and New Zealand troops, or ‘Diggers’ and ‘Kiwis’, would live, fight and die alongside each other creating a bond that still exists today between the two nations.
ANZAC Day is also inextricably linked with the landings at Gallipoli in the Dardanelles Strait on the 25 April, 1915. On this day ANZAC troops were committed to their first major action of the war, and though the campaign would ultimately prove a bloody failure and leave more than 8,000 Australians dead, it marked the beginning of the Anzac legend.
- Family Friendly
- Public Toilet
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.