Are you looking to relocate to one of Australia's most sought after regional areas?
Do you love outdoor adventure and skiing?
Are you an experienced People and Culture professional looking to grow your capabilities and leadership with a dynamic organisation located in Australia's premier alpine resort?
Falls Creek is the premier all-season alpine village and resort located in the Victorian High Plains. Home to the largest ski/snowboarding terrain in Victoria and world-class mountain bike and hiking trails, our beautiful alpine village is ski-in-ski-out during the winter months and turns into an outdoor mecca during summer.
Based at Falls Creek Alpine Village, the Senior People and Culture Business Partner role will see you partnering with leaders and managers within the Falls Creek Resort Management team. Your main aim will be to help them understand challenges and opportunities that will enable them to deliver solutions that will drive a high-performance culture.
You will also be supporting the delivery of the overall organisational and People and Culture strategy by driving operational P+C activities, change initiatives and employee engagement.
This role will suit an experienced Senior People and Culture Business Partner who is looking to partner and grow with an organisation and develop into a strong leader in the P+C field.
In your new role you will:
- Contribute to developing and implementing strategies to support the Resort Management Board being considered an employer of choice.
- Develop opportunities to build staff resilience through wellness initiatives
- Oversee the development of consistency in HR documents.
- Delivering face-to-face training
- Oversee the recruitment process to attract high-quality staff that are fit for organisational needs and culture.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of consistent employment contracts that align with employment law requirements
- Prepare, consult and implement processes for negotiating new enterprise agreements (as required) and oversee the associated administration (pay rises, communication, consultation and meetings).
- Oversee annual performance appraisal process.
- Serve as a consultant with other managers advising on solutions to HR/people management issues
- Work with employees on complex, challenging or litigious HR issues.
- Manage the RMB’s OHS requirements and obligations
- Contribute to the development of a workforce plan that identifies the future workforce needs of the organisation and manage implementation.
You will have:
- Degree in Human Resource Management, industrial relations or similar or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and experience
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and collaborate confidently at all levels in building relationships with the organisation’s employees.
- Proven track record in managing Industrial and Employment Relations matters
- Ability to plan and deliver projects within specified time frames
- Ability to display empathy, and good conflict management skills
- Knowledge and experience in contemporary HR practices and strategies
- Excellent written and communications skills as well as highly developed interpersonal, coaching, negotiation and consultative skills
- Experience in designing and delivering targeted learning and development programs within an organisation
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to use data to implement HR initiatives.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
We will offer you:
- A challenging and rewarding career move within a unique alpine environment.
- Excellent working conditions with a vibrant office, great culture, and supportive management
- Excellent employee discounts, and perks for life on the mountain
- Reimbursement of reasonable costs to relocate up to a set amount (with receipts)
View the full position description.
This is a 2-year fixed-term role, with a view to the position becoming ongoing. The successful candidate will need to have a valid driver’s license, undergo a police check, and provide evidence of up-to-date vaccination for Covid-19. For a confidential conversation regarding this role, please contact Ashly Baikaloff at [email protected] or on 1800 868 254.
To apply for this position please click here and hit "apply". Please include your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Applications close at 11:59pm Sunday 10th June 2022, although the right candidate may be appointed earlier. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered.