Falls Creek Resort Management is seeking an experienced Finance Officer to join the Finance and Corporate Services team. This role is primarily accountable for the responsibilities attached to both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions and is currently supported by two qualified Chartered Accountants offering room for growth and exposure to a range of topics.
Falls Creek Resort is situated on crown land and is managed by Falls Creek Resort Management (FCRM). FCRM is a State Government authority responsible for the operation, promotion, and development at Falls Creek. Falls Creek is Victoria's premier all-season resort.
In your new role:
This is no ordinary job - the right person will be a great fit with the existing team, you will have a strong passion for the Alpine environment, thrive in a fast-paced workplace, and pay a keen attention to detail.
What sets you apart:
You love Finance, spreadsheets and data. You are looking for an opportunity to mix that with your love of the outdoors and all the fun activities that come with the Alpine environment. You will also have:
- Qualifications in Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent experience
- Qualifications in business operations or equivalent experience
- Existing professional industry accreditation (CA or CPA), or progress towards obtaining the same.
- Previous experience in accounts payables and accounts receivable
- Attention to detail and strong priorities and time management
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- An ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with others both internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and written communication
- Ability to problem solve with a desire to keep learning
- Professional presentation and manner
- An interest in alpine environments and a willingness to live in regional Victoria
Your strengths include being:
- A problem-solver
- A team player with a genuine consideration skill set.
What’s in it for you:
In return for your loyalty, enthusiasm, and hard work, some of the benefits include::
- A free car resort entry permit for Falls Creek Resort
- A free or subsidised Epic Pass through Vail Resorts
- Free gym membership
- Support to further study if desired
- Access to the Accredited Childcare facilities operated by FCRM
- Discounted rates on sponsor supplied equipment
- The opportunity to join the staff Social Club and participate in a host of activities/events.
This is a full-time permanent ongoing role. The successful candidate will need to undergo a police check, have a valid driver’s license, and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
While FCRM does have a flexible working policy, this role will require the candidate to work primarily from the offices at the resort to ensure fulfilling the varied aspects of the role and contributing to the effectiveness of the team and the responsibilities this role entails. .
To obtain a position description or for a confidential conversation regarding this role, please contact Samantha Salmon on 0477 037 724 or [email protected]
To apply for this position, please click here and include your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered.