Keeping You, Our Employees & Our Communities Safe
To keep yourself, your friends and your family safe there are four key actions that Victorians are being asked to continue to:
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
- Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from anyone you don’t live with.
- Download and use the COVIDSafe app
For more information on staying safe and doing your bit to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), see the Department of Health and Human Services Website.
Practice Good Hygiene and Physical Distancing:
Wash your hands
Good hygiene is critical for slowing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Everyone should be taking the following hygiene actions:
Wash your hands
- Wash your hands regularly with for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water or use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Wash your hands when you get home, arrive at other people’s homes, at venues or at work.
- Wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or using the toilet.
Don’t cough or sneeze into your hands
- Cover your nose or mouth with a tissue, then throw it away and wash your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or upper sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not share drink bottles, glasses, crockery or cutlery other than with people you live with.
- For information on staying safe while caring for an unwell family member or loved one, see How to care for those in isolation or quarantine
- For information for people who are elderly, have a chronic illness, who are immunocompromised, see about coronavirus.
Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from people you don’t live with
- Greet people with a smile or wave - don’t shake hands, hug or kiss as a greeting.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from people you don’t live with.
- Avoid crowds, especially indoors.
- When waiting in line or walking through busy areas, be patient, give others space so they can give you yours.
For more information on staying safe doing your bit to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), see the Department of Health and Human Services Website.
How to Keep up to Date
- Make sure you keep yourself up to date with the current situation. Head to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website you will keep yourself aware of the latest updates;
- The Victoria Government – Slowing the Spread of Coronavirus website also clearly states the government directives for each stage of the closure.
Stay informed on Falls Creek Village news by subscribing to emails using the form below.