A unique opportunity exists to join the management staff of one of Victoria’s peak tourism destinations.
Falls Creek Resort Management is looking for a motivated person to manage the resort’s environmental programmes and initiatives in the role of Environmental Officer.
The position, advertised as a 1.0 FTE, will report to the Director of Economic Development and Land Management and will be part of the team that manages all statutory land management, Crown land leasing and commercial activation in Falls Creek.
Initially, the position will manage existing programmes and initiatives but will provide significant input into emerging priorities and long-term opportunities and issue resolution.
Falls Creek Resort Management is committed to appointing the right person with the appropriate experience to join a high achieving and dynamic workforce in one of Australia’s most scenic locations.
- Possess relevant tertiary environmental qualifications and/or high-level professional experience.
- Ability to interpret and analyse legislation relevant to core responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging principles and practices relevant to the functions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, within the context of the position, those emerging issues and events in need of organisation attention and initiates appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems through initiative, research, analytical skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills to achieve effective outcomes.
Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Demonstrated written, oral communication, interpersonal, presentation and customer service skills including the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals and organisations to achieve acceptable outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and requests within agreed standards and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with regard to visitors, resort stakeholders and requests for information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and act and as a coordinator to gather and transmit information to ensure their manager is informed about ongoing management issues.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997, Planning and Environment Act 1987, Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988, Environment Protection for Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and any associated Regulations.
- Knowledge of the Victorian Planning Provisions and/or the Alpine Resorts Planning Scheme;
- Experience in delivering key environmental rehabilitation programmes
Please submit your application that addresses the essential criteria to [email protected]
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 26 April, 2019.
For further information please contact Ben Derrick, Director of Economic Development and Land Management, [email protected] 0400 110 046.