Early Childhood Educators (Diploma/Cert III)
- Vacancy x 1 start March through end of winter season and beyond for the right person
- Vacancies x 5 for June/July to end of September
- Approx 32 hours per week – 6 casual positions
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff benefits
Falls Creek Resort Management is the organisation accountable for the development, promotion, management, and use of Falls Creek Alpine Resort.
We currently have opportunities for passionate and experienced early childhood professionals to join our Child Care team for the 2019 snow season. The successful candidates will have the chance to work in one of Australia’s most stunning alpine environments with staff benefits such as contributions towards ski lift tickets, a season’s resort entry car pass, gym membership and premium staff accommodation, as well as above-award remuneration.
Falls Creek Child Care is a service that supports educators in the provision of high quality play based educational programs and environments for children. All of our programs are based on an emergent curriculum and are guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning Framework.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services/Diploma of Children’s Services or above
- Current Senior First Aid
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training
- Victorian Working with Children Check
- Ability to engage with children and families in a positive manner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A caring, respectful and supportive attitude within the team
- Demonstrated experience at implementing exciting and engaging child care programs in accordance with the VEYLDF or the EYLF
Individuals must also meet the specific requirements of the role in accordance with the Position Description.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Committed to providing a caring a respectful environment for children and infants
- Capable to work within a casual child care environment – during the winter season, children generally only attend for the duration of their family holiday
- Able to write and communicate effectively with other educators and families
- Skilled to implement a variety of teaching principles that will support the centre’s philosophy
- Skilled in documenting children’s learning through learning stories and individual portfolios and group reflections in Floorbooks.
- Committed to work in partnership with families
Further information relating to these roles can be obtained in the accompanying Position Descriptions and by contacting Falls Creek Child Care on (03) 5758 1244 or by email. Applications to [email protected]