- Are you a professional looking to step into a rewarding leadership role?
- Work with a passionate team of professionals in an unparalleled regional location?
- Attractive salary ranging from $105,000 - $130,000 (depending on qualifications and experience) PLUS additional benefits!
- Additional benefits include - super, salary packaging options, access to substantial discounts on mountain adventure equipment through sponsorship brands, professional development opportunities and other lifestyle benefits.
Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board is looking for a Director – Economic Development and Land Management.
The role is pivotal to the implementation of the Boards strategic agenda, as well as being responsible for the management of crown land in the Alpine National Park. The role is based in Falls Creek, Victoria.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful applicant will provide leadership to the Economic Development & Land Management Team and wider Falls Creek community in relation to the environment, sustainable development principles, projects and ongoing activities to ensure that FCRM’s statutory functions in relation to building, environmental health, planning and public health are administered efficiently and effectively within the financial parameters determined in FCRM’s annual budget.
The role requires the application of initiative and strategic analysis to solve complex problems that will drive innovation and new programmes through a clear understanding of statutory land management, alpine leasing and the tourism industry.
This is also a key relationship management role, with the director being able to establish and maintain key relationships within the public and private sectors to develop and support the pipeline of economic development for Falls Creek.
The successful candidate will have a:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Environmental issues including environmental conservation techniques and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Planning, Local Laws and Enforcement Regulations with particular reference to the Alpine Resorts Planning Scheme.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and an ability to influence and establish investment attraction and grant funding.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the local community and lead relief and recovery activities following periods of emergency disruption.
- Demonstrable knowledge of legislative interpretation and an understanding of the environment within which State and local government operates.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategies and business plans ensuring stakeholder engagement in the achievement of such plans and strategies.
- Experience in the management of a large and diverse workforce.
For more information about Falls Creek resort, Australia’s premier all-seasons alpine resort, please go here: www.fallscreek.com.au
For more information on the role click here.
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter along with your resume and send an application to [email protected]
Applications close 20 October 2021