- Retreat and Lodges
- Backpackers and Hostels
- From $42
Howmans Gap Alpine Centre YMCA is happily situated on the Bogong High Plains, about four kilometres below Falls Creek resort, surrounded by tall ash bushland.
Howmans Gap offers a diverse range of accommodation including self contained cottages and bunk style rooms. Bunk room accommodation prices include full catering with our in house chef.
Howmans Gap is the only YMCA Camp to offer snow and ski programs in winter and a wide range of activities (walking, wildflowers, mountain biking, camping, high ropes, archery, and more) that explore Australia’s Alpine National Park in summer and is a great place for groups to discover the Alpine region.
- Communal Lounge
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Outdoor Furniture
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Games or recreation room
- Not Available
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Communal Refrigerator
- Communal Shower
- Tourism Council Australia
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer.
- Non Smoking
Howmans Gap Main Accommodation is an L-shaped building and sleeps up to 158 people.
The main building is comprised of 32 rooms with either one, two or three sets of bunks – some rooms include an extra single bed.
Six individual bathrooms and two main shared bathrooms.
The house sleeps up to eight people in one double bed and six single bunks.
Includes a fully functioning kitchen, living and dining room, and separate toilet / bathroom.